Healthy Auckland Together
We are a coalition of 26 organisations representing local government, mana whenua, health agencies, NGOs, university and consumer interest groups.
By working together to change policy, infrastructure design and planning, our environments can encourage physical activity and good nutrition. This means looking across the whole system - transport, urban planning, food supply and retail, education and business, so all Aucklanders benefit.
So many drivers of obesity, inactivity and ill health exist outside the health sector, and changing these can be more effective than asking individuals to amend their ways.
We have an Action Plan for the next five years.
Our members are:
- Aktive - Auckland Sport & Recreation
- Auckland Council
- Auckland disability interest groups
- Auckland District Health Board
- Auckland Primary Health Organisations
- Auckland Regional Public Health Service
- Auckland Transport
- Auckland University and School of Population Health
- Counties Manukau District Health Board
- Hapai te Hauora
- Health Promotion Agency
- Healthy Families Waitakere
- Mana Whenua I Tamaki Makaurau
- Ministry of Health
- New Zealand Heart Foundation
- Pacific Heartbeat
- Tamaki Healthy Families Alliance
- Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua
- The Asian Network
- The National Institute for Health Innovation
- Waitemata District Health Board